At Fern we offer the opportunity to grow, create, and be part of a great team bringing great vegan food to Victoria. Check out full details for each position below, and see if we are currently hiring for it! If we are not currently hiring but you want to work for us when we are, don't hesitate. We are always accepting resumes. Let us know why you would be a great addition to the team, what positions you are interested in, and what your availability is. Send cover letter, resume, references, availability to Tamara and Braden at We are always open to hiring non-vegans as long as they have supreme respect and work hard, why not?! Have no experience but extremely keen and excited about an opportunity? We will train the right applicant from scratch.
Line Cook/Prep Cook
Be part of a small team pumping out top notch unique plant based dishes, serving breakfast, brunch, and lunch. Everything is made in house including our vegan cheese and meats. You will work in a brand new kitchen, learn new cooking techniques and ideas. You will be preparing customer orders - to order, as well as have some freedom to bring new ideas to the table.
Requirements - Experience with line cooking in a busy kitchen (able to move fast on your feet)
- Basic knowledge in plant based: cuisine, cooking techniques, and lifestyle
- Capable of following recipes to complete prep tasks fast, efficiently, and properly
- Have a good, positive, respectful, can-do attitude Assets This position would be even more great for you if you: - Have strong listening and communication skills
- Are looking for long term employment
- Are someone who strives to complete all tasks in the cleanest, fastest and most efficient way while maintaining quality
- Capable of creating daily soups and specials using ingredients at hand without a recipe if needed
- Enjoy the challenge of a good rush
- Enjoy keeping busy
- Enjoy being part of a very small team, and can work independently without supervision when needed
- Have initiative to learn other positions If needed (barista/cash/baking)
DETAILS: $15/hr to start + average of $7-10/hr in tips. Staff meal. Occasional bonuses and raises. Full benefit package for full time. How to apply (please read carefully!) Email only. Apply with: cover letter, resume, and references via email to Braden (co-owner/head chef) at
Barista/Cashier Fern Cafe and Bakery is looking to hire an experienced barista combined with cashier responsibilities.
You will be the face of Fern and carry on our "friendly customer service" reputation. Learning our menu inside and out as well as our pastry items and drinks will be needed in order to be great when on cash. You will work on our awesome old school espresso machine, making different kinds of lattes. Our mixes are all made in house and we use top quality barista milk and coffee. You will also make the bar syrups, lemonade, as well as help with odd prep tasks. All positions involve deep cleaning and organizing of inventory. We will train from scratch whether you have experience or not.
- Be available to work weekdays + weekends
- Experience making beverages on professional espresso machine (espresso shots and steaming milk) or at the very least cafe or kitchen experience
- Must be okay with and able to work alone hustling the front when needed
- Able to keep busy and make use of time during slow periods
- Have a good and respectful attitude toward management and staff members
- Top notch customer service always
This position would be extra great for you if you:
- Have experience on a POS system
- Have good knowledge of plant milks and vegan food/lifestyle
- Can up-sell products and will make it a priority - Interested in learning to line cook/prep cook - Can handle feedback and continuously work to improve - All of our staff work hard, if working hard is your jam... contact us!
DETAILS: $15/hr to start + Average of $8-10/hr in tips. Staff meal. Occasional bonuses and raises. Full benefit package for full time. How to apply (please read carefully!) Email only. Please include (all): cover letter, resume, references, and availability to Tamara (co-owner/front of house manager) at